Silent Call Guild Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Accepted]Resto druid application

4 posters

Go down

[Accepted]Resto druid application Empty [Accepted]Resto druid application

Post  Grrk Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:56 pm

First of all, thanks for taking a look at my application. And I hope you enjoy reading it, its eye candy! (kind of)

Name: Henrik

Time /played?: 78 days, 22 of 'em on level 80.

Characters Name: Grrk

Class and Race: Undead druid. I was an undead at first, but then I got Putricide to gather up some tauren parts and stick 'em on me. No lies!

Current Spec(MS): Restoration

Glyphs: Swiftmend, Wild Growth and Nourish.

Dual Spec: Currently have a feral tanking specc, since I have been enjoying tanking a few heroics lately. Got no hit rating gear so boomkin is no option, yet at least.

Are you willing to respec?: Yes, even tho my tanking gear isn't ready for ICC yet.

Professions: I like flowers and ink. (Thats herbalism and inscription if you couldn't guess it.)

Rare Profession patterns: ----

Do you have Ventrilo: Yes

Do you have a working headset/microphone: Yes

Previous Guilds and why you left them: Transfered from another server not so long ago, so I have been mostly puging instances. Was in FFG for a short while just for the sake of it, but left due to lack of raid invites. Wasn't that keen on raiding at that time either, but now i've seen the light or something. At least my head says "GIEF RAIDZORS!".

Previous Raidng Exp: Didn't play back in vanilla, but from what i've heard there wasn't much vanilla ice cream so I don't think i've missed that much.
In TBC I did pretty much everything. Even tho I killed KJ in sunwell AFTER the health-nerf patch.
In Wotlk i've done pretty much everything aswell. With the exeptions of most of ulduar.

Current Gear(Link to Armory and be in PvE gear!):

Raiding Times: Can show of those days, yes yes.

Guild References: None I think.

Comments: I r hand of a'dal, I shall carry you guys to arthas! Yes, I get a bit cockey because of that title <3

Grrk

Back to top Go down

[Accepted]Resto druid application Empty Re: [Accepted]Resto druid application

Post  Grrk Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 pm

Haha, forgot to mention anything about the guild I am currently in.

I logged on one morning and BAM! I got a guild invite straith in mah face. Accepted just for lulz. Have not raided with them, all i've done is helped a few of them out in a rep run in ICC 10 man or something.

Grrk

Back to top Go down

Post  Slasktratt Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:31 am

Hiya mate, thanks for the apply!
You seem like a nice dude and your gear looks ok.
How much experience from ICC do you have? Because from what ive seen you have only completed the first boss in first quarter and festergut in the 2nd?

Otherwise everything is sortable and we always need a good resto druid (as long as you really wanna raid? cause of the lack of the will before) so i vote for an trial atleast. But lets see what the others think.

Last edited by Slasktratt on Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Slasktratt
Slasktratt
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mightypaw Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:49 am

Mightypaw
Mightypaw
Admin
Admin

https://silentcall.swedishforum.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Mightypaw Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:07 am

Heya and thanks for making an apply with us, first of all I think your gear looks ok, however I think its a bit fail to have the oomkin gloves seeing how easy it is to get 30 triumph marks for the resto ones, and since 4 set bonus is really nice I dont see how dropping it for the minor head upgrade is worth the trade off. Also the boots, there are alot of options out there to upgrade them, crafts, new heroics and vendor for marks.

You should also change some in your spec, drop 7 points in balance and move them to resto, you can skip Celestial Focus(3) Natures Grace(3) and Brambles Suspect (1).

Put full in living seed and revitalize.

Also I was wondering some about:

Grrk wrote:Was in FFG for a short while just for the sake of it, but left due to lack of raid invites. Wasn't that keen on raiding at that time either, but now i've seen the light or something. At least my head says "GIEF RAIDZORS!".

Whats to say that you dont feel keen on raiding in 2 weeks again?

With all that said we do have a spot for a active resto druid so I would like to see your response Smile
Mightypaw
Mightypaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Xzeon Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:01 am

Howdy!

I cant but agree here whit both mighty and slask, we have had some bad experience whit ppl saying that they wanna raid and then dont.
Other wise its what we say "gear can be fixed if u have the skill to join the Crazy train" Shocked
Xzeon
Xzeon
Vice GM
Vice GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Grrk Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:52 pm

To Slask
Like I said in my application, i've only went with pugs in ICC. That is why we have only done the first four bosses + festergut + loads of attempts on rotface in the 10 man version. As for 25 man, like you can see on the armory, saurfang isn't even down yet. But I can assure you, that the tactics for all the bosses in ICC is well read and well watched.

To Mightypaw
Regarding the boomkin gloves, I have to say that I completely dissagree with you there. Yes the four set bonus on the tier 9.5 is nice indeed. However the boomkin gloves gives haste, along with the head and chest I got the haste really really makes up for the set bonus loss. And, since tier 10 is allready out, there is no sence in going for the tier 9,5 set bonus anymore. Haste is much better the the set bonus, and as you know, the haste cap WITH Celesital Focus is 738. So no, there is no point in changing out celestial with a few more restoration talents.
Haste is everything.

As for my boots, they are indeed crappy and I am indeed in need of better ones. However its not so easy to get. Last week I lost the roll on some leather boots from toc 25, and i've been trying to get the nice cloth boots from PoS hc. Which haven't dropped a single time in the last 14 days. (Yes, I have been in there 14 days in a row).

Grrk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mightypaw Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:58 pm

Not being at the haste cap for getting 4 set bonus I would say is definetly worth it, but you have your opinion and I respect it Smile

I like the fact that you seem to have something between the ears and we do as previously stated need 1 more active resto druid so I say yes for a trial for sure.

And maybe we can help you replace those boots before my eyes start to bleed affraid
Mightypaw
Mightypaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Eaz Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:17 pm

As ppl has said before most of your gear dont look that bad with som exeptions.
and u might have to remodel your skilltree a bit (i hope u are willing to do that)
And the last thing was about your raiding we want ppl that we can trust come to the raids.

I wote for a trial and lets see where that takes us

/Eaz

Eaz
Vice GM
Vice GM

Back to top Go down

Post  Grrk Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:27 pm

As for the lack of raid attendency I had, it was because of a RL issue. Working to be spesific, but its all sorted these days and I have the time to raid again. So that won't be an issue.

And yes, those boots do make your eyes bleed. But do I have to remind you that they where some of the best boots you could have when only naxx, OS and malygos where the raid choices! xD

Grrk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mightypaw Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Contact one of the officers ingame for a inv and welcome aboard Smile
Mightypaw
Mightypaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down